Thursday, June 22, 2006

Too hot to handle



It's hot enough to fry an egg here in SC. Every morning, it's absolutely stifling. Charlie is in cool, breezy Providence, RI for a meeting. Meanwhile, the dogs and I are dragging through the morning and evening chores. The puppies seem unfazed by it all. Thank goodness for the misting system as it is on from 10 AM to 6 PM and the dogs just like to lie under it.

I'm through with the chores for the day and am actually meeting some friends to listen to a local music group called the Marsh Grass Mamas. Gina Perez, who works for Charlie and who used to work for me, plays fiddle with the group. I'm looking forward to drinking some iced tea and listening to some music for a couple of hours. Then, it will be time to head back to Wadmalaw and get ready to start up another early morning out at the kennels. This is about the only time of year that I wish I didn't have to venture outside.

Well, I'm off to get out of my kennel clothes and into something that is cool and clean!

No comments: