Monday, March 19, 2007

It's leaf time again


Today I feel rested and amazingly energetic considering the busy weekend that I had. After standing watch on the Spirit of SC until midnight and getting home at 1 AM Sunday morning, I got up around 7 AM, lit the fire because it was chilly, and got a cup of coffee. I walked the dogs and let the others out and came back in for a second cup of coffee. Instead, I made the mistake of crawling back into bed to read the paper. I was evidently more tired than I thought because I didn't wake up until nearly noon! Yikes, I haven't done that since I was a teenager! Who sleeps until noon????

Feeling guilty, I went outside and worked in the yard for the rest of the afternoon. The oak leaves are raining down so there were piles and piles to pick up and burn. I just love the smell of burning leaves though so it made for a very cheerful afternoon.

Tomorrow is Daisy Lanier's birthday. She is a Surry girl who is 8 years old. Her human parents Shannon and Troy love her and sent a photo of Daisy. Happy Birthday Daisy and many more! It seems like only yesterday when Shannon and Troy came to pick up their puppy and said that they would name her after our old girl Fernwood Miss Daisy. I wish that I could slow down the years.

No comments: