Saturday, February 10, 2007

Puppy packets

Today was puppy pickup day, and I was on my way to Rhode Island for a meeting. I put together the puppy packets that contain articles on housebreaking, crate training, etc. as well as the shot record, pedigree, clearances, registration and a lot more information. Charlie was there to meet the puppy owners and go through the information packets. I think that this is the first time that I haven't been there to go through the information and hand over the puppies. All three of the girls are gone. The black boys are still at Surry. They will have wonderful homes eventually and in the meantime will have fun playing in their puppy pen.

It's always a good idea to always put together an informative puppy packet. I've found that articles on crate training and housebreaking are essential. I also have something that I put together that lists instructions for care of your puppy. It describes what to feed, when to feed, how much to feed, and other essentials that are needed for the puppy. The shot record is also very important. At 8 weeks, the puppy will have had the 6 and 8 weeks shots. We use Progard Intervet which is a good vaccine. It's important to provide as much information as possible to the new owners.

No comments: