Sunday, August 20, 2006

Judging in Muncie

My judging assignment was pleasant, although I must admit that I left Charleston with so many things on my mind that were unsettling. It had been a week of emotion in so many ways. The idea of flying off to a strange place where I knew no one wasn't all that appealing. The good side of it was that I met Susan Otto who is a Rottweiler breeder and a very nice lady. We shared the ride from Indianapolis to Muncie. While I was in my room feeling very much alone, Susan called and asked me to join her for dinner. We ended up talking for a long time and sharing our life experiences and our dog experiences. It was a nice way to spend an evening.

Judging was a neat experience. I was totally focused on the dogs which is what judging should be about. It's a way to put aside all other thoughts and just concentrate on the job at hand.

No comments: