Friday, January 12, 2007

Visit with Rick

Today I drove to Highland Springs to visit with my cousin Rick. When I arrived, Nat indicated that he didn't want to see me but I went in anyway. He exclaimed when I walked in that he was so glad that I was there. It was a bit of a shock to see the decline since August but he still has a sense of humor although there were moments of obvious frustration and sadness over his condition. I heard from Nat after I left that he was very peaceful after my visit and ate a good dinner. I think that it did both of us good to see each other.

After the visit with Rick, I headed across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to Charles City, VA where I had a wonderful dinner of soft crabs. I am staying in Onancock for the night, which is a beautiful old city on Chesapeake Bay. Tomorrow I head to Crisfield to catch the boat to Smith Island.

No comments: