Thursday, October 26, 2006

Recovery just in time to leave again

Today could hardly be called a recovery from the nearly 2 weeks of meetings that I've been to. It was back to work to catch up on things at the office and meet with my staff to go over what has been going on with my projects. I enjoyed seeing everyone but had a lot of things to go over and a lot of email to go through.

I got home around 7 PM last night and did have some time with the dogs. They were very glad to see me and enjoyed pouncing around me and looking for cookies. The cool weather felt good but wasn't nearly as cold as NC where the wind was blowing about 30 kts. Not a good day to be on the water!

Tomorrow I head off again as I'm going to Middleburg, VA to judge Labradors there. The Bare Bones Potomac specialty is tomorrow and the Middleburg shows are the days after the specialty. I'm looking forward to going but here that the forecast isn't good with rain expected. I've got my rain gear packed and warm clothes. I'm looking forward to seeing some nice Labradors. The show grounds at Oatlands Plantation are just beautiful. I can remember showing there myself but never thought that I'd be judging at Middleburg! I may not be posting for a few days as much will depend on the amount of time that I have available.

No comments: