Monday, October 16, 2006

In Ohio

I got in last night to Huron, Ohio and had meetings today. I'm attending the annual meeting of the National Estuarine Research Reserves and the host site this year is Old Woman Creek NERR. It's the smallest reserve in the national system of 26 sites. South Carolina has two reserves, ACE Basin NERR and North Inlet/Winyah Bay, with ACE being the 3rd largest in the country.

Tomorrow we have a trip to Old Woman Creek and get to see the Reserve and have meetings there. Unfortunately, it is scheduled to rain tomorrow and we will be out on the boat for most of the day.

I've talked to Charlie and he and the dogs are doing fine. The weather here was a chilly 39 F this AM but it has warmed into the upper 50's today.

I hope to get photos from the field trip tomorrow. The Lodge where I'm staying is spacious and has a lot of dead animals on the walls. There are nice fireplaces though but most have dead animals above them. Not my thing but if you don't look up, it's okay. More later.....

No comments: