Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Long week

Is it really only Wednesday? It seems as if this week has gone by so slowly. Maybe it's all the activity each day and night, either with the dogs or with rowing. Tonight I got some good photos on the Ashley River while out in the pilot gig. It was a nice night, not too warm but not breezy as our past rows have been. Our group is excited about the Georgetown Wooden Boat show and taking the gig there for public rows.

I heard from the Middleburg Kennel Club this evening and will be going there to judge on October 28. I also have been asked to judge the Harrisburg, PA show next August. It seems that things are filling up with a lot more time traveling which isn't something that I really like. However, as long as I don't have to drive to these places, it should be okay. I just want to get in, judge and get back home without a lot of delays.

I've got to write my critiques for the Denver specialty. I made comments on the first and second placements and have to write those up. It's just been a crazy week and things will continue to be that way as I prepare to leave for 2 weeks of meetings. I leave on Sunday for Ohio where the annual meeting of the National Estuarine Research Reserves is being held. On Oct. 22, I head up to North Carolina for a meeting there. I'll do a couple of talks at both meetings so have been getting those together as well. Consequently, there hasn't been much time to play with the dogs. Hopefully, this weekend....

No comments: