Saturday, May 05, 2007

Puppies at the dog park

This afternoon Roberta and I loaded up the five puppies and took them on a trip to the Isle of Palms dog park. This is a fenced in doggy park and the puppies had a blast. They played with another 5 and 1/2 month old Labrador named Rufus as well as several dachshunds. The puppies chased tennis balls and generally ran and ran. They jumped in the water trough and seemed to enjoy getting as dirty as they possibly could. It was a great time. After about an hour, they were totally beat and slept soundly all the way home.

The Isle of Palms doggy park is one of the nicest because it is fenced and there aren't a lot of dogs that come there. The clientele are generally nice and the dogs have good attitudes. It's worth a drive for me to take the puppies where I know they won't get snarled at or hurt. I've been to the James Island dog park and it is much more of a free-for-all. Also, it isn't fenced. IOP park has a double gate which is nice and a separate fenced area for smaller dogs.

I don't think that the puppies will have any trouble getting to sleep tonight. I had to take a bubble bath when I got home because I was filthy from their jumping all over me. It was a fun time!

No comments: