Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Many thanks

I am grateful to all who sent emails of condolence about Annabelle. She will always be in my heart. It's nice to know that there are people who care enough to write. For those of you with get of Annabelle, I am especially grateful that you cherish your days with them. One never knows when something will take them away from us.

Our Labrador community is a small one when you think about it. One always hears a lot about the gossip and the bad stuff that is said about people in the sport. I like to think about the good things that people do and that the sport is filled with people who care about their dogs, much more than winning. Winning is the icing on the cake for me. It has never been about the ribbons and the accolades; but having a sense of accomplishment that a small kennel, such as the one we have, has produced some nice dogs that have made me and others happy. In my wildest dreams, I never thought that we would accomplish the things that we have or that I would be a judge. I always think back to my early days and watching at the dog shows, wanting so badly to be a part of something but knowing how hard the road would be to get there.

Thanks again for your words. You make me smile during the most difficult of times.

No comments: