Saturday, June 16, 2007

Judging in Wisconsin

I'm on my way back home after judging the Labrador Specialty at Winnebago LRC in Beloit, Wisconsin. I had a nice entry. My Winners Bitch was just lovely and my Reserve WB was a lovely puppy. It was nice to see many good Labradors and a pleasure always to judge bitches. They are really the strength of the breed.

Of course, you have to have those sperm donor males. Among the males, I really like Beechcroft Study in Black. He is a nice dog and seems to be producing nicely. What a lovely head he has! My WB was a daughter of his. I would like to breed one of my girls to Study at some point. I appreciate the good fronts that Mary Wiest has with her line. Her dogs go back to Bridget Docking's Ballyduff kennel in England and the heads are also so lovely.

I'm hoping to get into Charleston to enjoy a bit of father's day with Charlie's dad.

No comments: