Friday, June 29, 2007

Co-ownerships

One of the things that I've learned in recent years is that you have to be very careful with co-ownerships. I have decided that unless I actually know the person very well (i.e. the person is a friend), I will not co-own again with anyone. People simply can be weird, lie, or have different principles than another party. That is life. We don't always agree. However, when it comes to the dogs, I want the best care for them. I also don't want them to be bred over and over. Nor do I want them to be where they aren't loved. Life is too short to get into wrangles over dogs or with other people who don't share my ethics. I used to think that co-owning not only helped me but was an opportunity to help out others to get started in the breed. No longer--if you want to get started in the breed, then buy outright the best possible bitch you can providing someone will sell you one, and then make your own way. That's what I did and I've never regretted it.

No comments: