Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saturday at Beaufort


I was out the door at 6 AM to drive to Beaufort for the show. When I got to the show, I opened up the van and then took my soft crates near the ring where we would be showing. I then walked over to get my armbands. At that point, I noticed a sign indicating a judge change and that Labradors would not be showing until 11 AM due to the change. So, basically I was going to have to wait for 3 more hours before we would show. Luckily, I hooked up with a breeder friend and we went to get coffee in downtown Beaufort. It was nice to sit on the porch and catch up on some things rather than sitting at a hot marine base. Tobias and Emily showed well but only got a second in their classes. Second isn't really great when it's a small show. I guess that they weren't the judge's cup of tea today. Tomorrow we will try again. Every day is different and each judge has a different interpretation of the standard and what they like. The puppies are now out of their whelping box and are able to play inside a fenced in area that has shavings in one part and a sleeping area in the other. They learn quickly to not soil their sleeping are but use the shavings. It makes the room smell nice and the puppies smell like cedar. I'm off to take a power nap before it's time to let the dogs out and clean the kennels.

No comments: