Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Those goofy Labradors

I received this cute photo of Maggie who is owned by Lisa McCain. Maggie is the younger of two Surry girls that the McCain's have. Lisa wrote that she was working in her office at home and that Maggie was making noises because she had been displaced from her normal sleeping area near Lisa. But being a Labrador seeking comfort, she was able to squeeze her 65 lb. plus body into a laundry basket and appear perfectly content. So Lisa said that Maggie moaned and groaned.....
"And finally got quiet.. usually this means she is into something.. but she surprised me. She used to do this all the time when she was a puppy.. but I guess the pics are proof that Labradors are always puppies..."

Lisa is certainly right. They stay puppies until they are around 3-4 years old. Some don't become mature mentally until they are much older. It's like having a human in the Terrible Twos for several years.

Lisa wrote further:
"Raison is getting so grey. But she still is the sweetest and most loving dog I have ever met. She still climbs up beside me and puts her head on my shoulder and looks at me with those gotta love me eyes, the same way she did when she was a pup.

"Maggie is still the baddest dog in town. Not a week goes by that she does not get into something , steal something, or in general get to running around the house tagging the other two dogs then dodging. She makes us laugh. She is a clown."

Yes, that's what they are: clowns. And they make us laugh even in the worst moments.

No comments: