Sunday, October 04, 2009

Updating


I don't know where the time goes but it has flown by. Here is some of the news that has occurred since the last time I posted:
  • I received a photo of the Weimaraner that I picked for Best of Breed at the Clermont show in Ohio. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the Labradors that won. But I thought that the Weim was quite nice.
  • Barrett sired a nice litter of puppies out of Ch. Bayou Bay Blond Ambition JH. There were ten puppies born (6 black boys, 1 black girl, and 3 yellow girls) and all are doing well.
  • I received word that Sally Wright's wonderful old boy Ch. Wright's Bennigan of Millab CD JH passed away. I remember when Benn was just a baby and Sally was showing him to me at a dog show. Rest in peace Benn.
  • Speaking of getting older, Tilly, our old grande dame is still hanging in there and enjoying life. She will be 14 years old on November 22. She has some trouble now and again with a bladder infection and her kidney creatinine levels are regularly high, but she is a tough old girl. I hate to think about losing her.

  • I heard from Ann and Paul Key that their Neilley celebrated her sixth birthday in August. She enjoyed a birthday cake decorated with a pupperoni stick. Neilley had a slow start in life as it was touch and go for a few days until I started nursing her with a bottle. She latched on and grew strong. Now she is Ann and Paul's constant companion as they travel with their Heelin' Hound business. Happy birthday Neilley.
The dogs are enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures. I am enjoying them too! If you have something that you would like for me to post about or photos to share, please send them along.
I have some emails to answer and photos from summer activities to post and will get around to that soon.

No comments: